How to Process your DataQs and Avoid High Insurance Rates
In today’s episode our Freight Guru, Luis Lopez guides us step by step on how to manage DataQs and how these affect SAFER and insurance rates.
Listen to the Full Episode here
What is a DataQ?
DataQs are inquiries about data provided by drivers to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). When you have a DataQ is important to log into the FMCSA website to dispute violations or inspections on one of your trucks.
Why are DataQs so Important?
DataQs affect your Safety and Fitness Electronic Records or SAFER rating and they are directly correlated with your insurance rates. “…and those insurance rates are going to only go up if you weren’t managing your DataQ.”
Who can Use DataQs?
- Motor Carriers
- Federal and state agencies
- Others concerned about their federal or state Motor Carrier.
How to Manage your DataQs?
- Log into dataqs.fmcsa.dot.gov and create an account.
- Request a review and/or monitor a review if already created.
- Chose your type of inquiry: crash event, inspection, warning,
TIP: Warnings don’t affect the driver’s Department of Transportation certification or DOT number but they do affect their Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
Other types of inquiries include:
Non-roadside; USDOT audit investigation; registration Insurance; household goods complaint; drug and alcohol clearing; submit a petition contesting the accuracy of a clearinghouse request.
How to Dispute an Inspection:
- Click on inspection for your type of inquiry.
- Choose one of the options that best describes your situation. For this episode’s example, we chose “not mine” because the inspection belongs to a different DOT number.
Then choose “it’s the wrong motor carrier.”
- Input the citation number along with the report number (or state it belongs to).
- Provide the current carrier information and disclose all specifications about the case under “Explanation of request of data review.”
- Upload any pertinent documents (For this example, upload the sublease to prove your dispute).
- Review and submit.
- Save ID number to review your inquiry’s status.
Download FREE guide here
Reviewing and managing your DataQs are going to “make or break” your insurance rates for the following year.
Don’t forget to send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org who knows your question might get featured in the next episode!
Recommended Logistics and Trucking companies:
LTL Services – https://goltlhub.io
Hazmat Services – https://gohazmathub.io
TMS – https://mytruckhub.com
Logistics Services – https://gofreighthub.io
Fulfillment – https://www.sunshipecommerce.com
Warehousing – https://gowhsehub.io